“THE MORE YOU READ, THE MORE THINGS YOU KNOW. THE MORE YOU LEARN, THE MORE PLACES YOU’LL GO.”
- Dr. Seuss
Our library encourages students to chart their own course as they explore the world of books and literature.
Villa Maria’s modern library is a highly adaptable environment that is responsive to new technological and educational challenges. It allows students to read and do research using not only traditional print material, but electronic resources as well.
A professional librarian and library technician are available at all times to welcome students, provide information, and guide them in their research projects and reading choices.
A special introductory session is given to Secondary 1 students at the start of the school year. Also, instruction is provided on an ongoing basis as needed.
The library is a meeting place for class sessions with authors, literary activities, and other cultural events.
Monday to Thursday, 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Book search access through portal on iPad
- 4 electronic databases (with long-distance access available) covering such areas of interest as science, history, literature, and current events
- DVD loans
- Creation Station (a mini makerspace for arts and crafts)
- Over 18,000 books in English and French
- Twenty-three magazine subscriptions
- Reference collections
- Periodical indexes
- Bibliographies catalogued by theme (fiction and non-fiction)
- A vast collection of young adult books: graphic novels, mangas, and current YA bestsellers catering to the reading tastes of both boys and girls.