WHO WE ARE
We are an organization of parent volunteers, school administrators, teachers and students. We are devoted to the educational success of the students and the promotion of parent involvement in the school. The PTA is open to anyone who wants to be involved and make a difference in the education, health and welfare of our children within the school community.
- Create a working partnership among parents, teachers, school administrators and students.
- Encourage and promote parent volunteer participation in PTA activities.
- Support school programs, activities and curriculums.
- Enhance school spirit within the student body by making it a family affair.
- Help organize various events during the school year to benefit students, teachers and staff.
- Schedule monthly meetings to keep members and parents informed and updated on school development and activities.
- Participate in making a difference for the students.
HOW WE ARE FINANCED
- We are financed by the voluntary $25 per family membership fee.
- By managing the “Bas Bleu” which sells school socks, tights, kilt pins and now elbow patches.
EVENTS & INVOLVEMENT
- Organize a Career Day for Secondary 4 and 5 students which takes place in January where we have on average 40 speakers on several panels.
- Help the school organize the Science Fair by recruiting judges from the parent community and the local science community and provide medals for the winners.
- Manage the Bas Bleu which sells school socks, tights and kilt pins. The money raised is given to the school to benefit the students.
- Organize the Teachers’ Wish List Program, where we fund projects, activities and materials for the teachers.
- Provide student prizes for the Secondary 5 Graduation ceremony.
- In collaboration with the Mothers’ Guild, help organize Teacher and Staff Appreciation Week by providing the food for the lunch and gifts for teachers and staff.
- Support and fund various requests from the school administration throughout the year.
EXECUTIVE BOARD MEMBERS
Bas Bleu Coordinator
Teachers' Wish List Coordinator
HOW TO REACH US
You can email us at: email@example.com.