Why Choose Villa Maria?
- Villa Maria offers a supportive, family atmosphere in which students are known by name. We offer a carefully structured learning environment and promote meaningful, relevant and caring interactions between students and faculty. Frequent contact between faculty and parents encourages parents to play an active role in their daughter’s development.
- Our educational community is based on a comprehensive understanding of how girls learn and succeed, taking into special consideration the cognitive and social development of 12 to 17 year old girls.
- Villa Maria offers a supportive and stimulating environment where girls are challenged to meet their potential, and gain a genuine sense of self-confidence.
- Adjacent to the Villa Maria metro station, a tree-lined avenue leads to the magnificent school grounds which provide a safe and secure space for students and faculty to enjoy the outdoors in the middle of the city.
- Students at girls’ schools enjoy not just equal opportunity, but every opportunity. Participation in Student Council, sports teams, Science Fair, cultural and community activities, as well as local and national competitions ensures that all our students have the opportunity to be the speakers, players, writers, athletes and leaders.
- In order to provide students with enhanced learning opportunities, Villa Maria offers enriched learning opportunities in English Language Arts, French, social sciences, mathematics, and the sciences.
- During lunch and after school, students are encouraged to participate in one of many extra-curricular activities. These include tutorials with classroom teachers, intramural sports or organized activities and clubs. Students may also make use of the library or computer lab to complete homework or study, individually or in groups.
- The Villa Maria Community Service program begins in Secondary 1 with a ten (10) hour commitment, Secondary 2 with fifteen (15) hours, and Secondary 3 with twenty (20) hours of volunteer community service. Secondary 4 and 5 complete a two year commitment, totalling45 hours of community service. The community service hours are made compulsory to help students develop social accountability and deeper self-knowledge, leading to mature and responsible citizenship and are a MELS requirement for high school completion.
- Villa Maria has a prestigious music school. The levels range from beginner to advanced. Private lessons are available in voice, piano, violin, flute, guitar, saxophone, cello, trumpet, trombone, French horn and bass guitar.