At Villa Maria, in addition to promoting students' academic, personal and social development, we encourage them to excel, which is why we have created the Distinction Program.
This program enables students who wish to enrich their studies to earn additional credits recognized by the Ministère de l’Éducation et de l’Enseignement supérieur (MEES). These additional credits appear on their report card. Students will also receive a certificate and a special mention on their diploma.
The Distinction Program’s extra-credit courses are additional, non-mandatory courses offered after regular school hours, from 3:10 to 4:10 p.m. Each course consists of two one-hour classes per nine-day cycle, for the duration of the school year. Students will graduate with distinction if during the course of their academic journey they meet the following criteria:
- Complete three extra-credit courses
- Maintain a minimum of 70% for each extra-credit course
- Maintain an overall average of 80% (including the extra-credit course)
Please note the following important points:
- Each student may register for only one extra-credit course per year.
- The school reserves the right to refuse enrollment, or to remove a student from an extra-credit course, if it deems that the additional workload will interfere with the student’s ability to succeed. If a student is removed from a course, the course fee will be non-refundable.
- Once a student registers for a course, the course fee is non-refundable.
- Course offerings are subject to enrollment. Each course requires a minimum of 24 students to register in order to be offered.
- Registration is on a first-come, first-served basis.
- All of the school’s existing rules and regulations apply to extra-credit courses, including those pertaining to late arrivals and absences.
- Fees are $350 per course and cover human resources, administration fees and the material required. Fees are subject to change without notice.
Click below to discover the list of extra-credit course offerings for the 2018-2019 school year.
ADMISSION PROCEDURE FOR NEW STUDENTS
Visit the school during an open house
Come visit Villa Maria and discover the rich and diversified services we offer our students. You will have the opportunity to visit our classrooms, interactive classroom, science labs, multimedia centre, library, sports facilities and performance halls.
French Sector :
Saturday, September 14, 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
English Sector :
Saturday, September 21, 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Take part in our entrance exams
Your child will be given the following tests: mathematics, composition in English and French, as well as an English or French reading comprenhension test, depending on the sector she/he registered for.
French Sector :
Saturday, September 28, 2019 – 8:30 a.m. (Secondary 1 to 5)
Sunday, September 29, 2019 – 8:30 a.m. (Secondary 1 only)
English Sector :
Saturday, October 5, 2019 – 8:30 a.m. (Secondary 1 to 5)
Sunday, October 6, 2019 – 8:30 a.m. (Secondary 1 only)
Complete your registration
After being accepted to Villa Maria College, you must send us your registration form and pay the admission fees. Please send us the form and payment according to the instructions outlined in your child’s letter of admission to the school.